Inoculating Against An #Infodemic
The COVIDGlobal Misinformation Dashboard tracks and visualizes debunked coronavirus claims from a network of trusted fact checkers from around the world. Use the dashboard to see examples of the types of COVID-19 misinformation that are currently making the rounds around the world so that you can inoculate yourself and the people in your network.
How to use the COVIDGlobal Misinformation Dashboard
- Use the drop down menu to narrow your search parameters or click on any of the data points on any of the interactive charts.
- Hover your mouse over the tree map to examine the various types of COVID-19 misinformation that is circulating around the web.
- Click on any of the rectangles in the tree map to see that specific piece of misinformation.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the URL(s) linked to each of the debunked pieces of #misinformation.
- To go back, click on the little back arrow button in the upper left corner of the chart.
- To reset the entire dashboard, use the reload page button in your browser.
- For example: If you want to see all of the debunked claims from Donald Trump: 1) go to the drop down menu “Source of the Claim”, 2) locate the source of the claim, in this case it’s “donald trump”, 3) click the “Only” button and then, 4) click on any of the rectangles in the tree map, finally 5) click on any of the URL(s) for more info.
Best Viewed in a Chrome Browser on a Laptop or Desktop Computer. If the dashboard doesn’t load, try using the direct link.
Additional Fact Checking Resources
Also check out the following awesome misinformation resources to inoculate yourself against an infodemic:
- Snopes’ Collection of Debunked Claims
- WHO Myth Busters
- Doubt It news literacy resources
- Flatten the Curve Digest: An accessible source for COVID-19 information
For up-to-date information and additional resources on COVID-19, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada.