Inoculating Against An #Infodemic
The COVIDCanada Misinformation News Dashboard tracks and visualizes coronavirus misinformation news stories published by media organizations in Canada. Use the dashboard to see examples of the types of COVID-19 misinformation that are currently making the rounds around the world so that you can inoculate yourself and the people in your network.
How to use the COVIDCanada Misinformation News Dashboard
- Use the drop down menu to narrow your search parameters or click on any of the data points on any of the interactive charts.
- Hover your mouse over the tree map to examine the various coronavirus misinformation news stories published by media organizations in Canada.
- Click on any of the rectangles in the tree map to see that specific news story.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the URL(s) linked to read any of the coronavirus misinformation news story.
- To go back, click on the little back arrow button in the upper left corner of the chart.
- To reset the entire dashboard, use the reload page button in your browser.
Best Viewed in a Chrome Browser on a Laptop or Desktop Computer. If the dashboard doesn’t load, try using the direct link.
Additional Fact Checking Resources
Also check out the following awesome misinformation resources to inoculate yourself against an infodemic:
- Snopes’ Collection of Debunked Claims
- WHO Myth Busters
- Doubt It news literacy resources
- Flatten the Curve Digest: An accessible source for COVID-19 information
For up-to-date information and additional resources on COVID-19, visit the Public Health Agency of Canada.